R Richardson Ltd recognise that as a building contractor that they have a responsibility to their customers, employees and the general public to manage their operations to minimise their impact on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste and ensure that it is disposed of as efficiently as possible
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirements
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation hat relates to the company
- If required offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by the company
In order to achieve and manage our strategy we will:
• Actively promote the use of recycled material
• Establish systems to prevent pollution at sites
• Take due care and attention to prevent nuisance on site
• Keep sites clean and tidy to ensure minimum disturbance
• Engage with local community to minimise disruption
• Set environmental objectives and regularly monitor
We communicate this policy to all our employees and ensure that they are given appropriate training to raise awareness of environmental issues.
Please note we review this policy on an annual basis to take into account any legislative changes or changes within the company or any other relevant factors.